Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Afternoon Tea at Pennyhill Park Hotel

With the beautiful sunny weather around UK at the moment, we decided that it was the perfect day to go outside London for afternoon tea. We found a GORGEOUS boutique hotel in Surrey that I'm now completely in love with, the Pennyhill Park Hotel.

Unfortunately I attacked the food as soon as it came and forgot to take pictures of it. But to sum it up, the scones were absolutely delicious. The latte and tea was pretty amazing as well. The latte was HOT, everywhere else I find in London serves me my lattes lukewarm and no matter how many times I say "extra" before hot, it never does the trick. Also, the tea was very strong. I ordered the Assam tea because that's typically the strongest tasting- just the way I like it).

The rest was okay. Sandwiches were pretty average, and the rest of the pastries were way too sweet.

Overall, what's really worth going all the way there for was just to look at the beautiful hotel.

Here are some pathetic phone pictures that really do not do the place justice.

















We sat outside, surrounded by these views.

The staff were incredibly friendly, and gave us a bumpy scary ride on the club car all along the golf course to show us around.























And because of the hot summer weather,

Shirt: Oversized shirt from Tommy Hilfiger
Pants: Leigh jeans from TopShop
Shoes: Prada loafers
Bag: Vintage-inspired from Urban Outfitters
Headpiece: Chiffon brown scarf from My Fair Lady (Dubai)
Necklace: Bought from a store in Spitalfields Market


*I buy a huge collection of these scarfs from My Fair Lady, they're very light and the fall is very pretty. They're not too expensive and last forever, and you can custom order them in the colours you want.










I'm off to the Claridge's Hotel in Mayfair to try out their Afternoon Tea today, and hopefully will have better pictures with an actual camera!

x
Feryal








No comments:

Post a Comment